Friday 3 October 2008

China trip (Hangzhou)

I was back visiting China again (with my mom), this time tour between Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi and Suzhou.

We took a midnight chartered flight to Pudong, Shanghai (I swear that this is the last midnight flight for me). Was amazed at how the flight attendants can be so energetic serving us food, while passengers were all half dead trying to sleep in upright position.

By the time we reached Shanghai, we have to wait for at least 20 minutes in the plane before the airport authorities were fully awake ( It was 5.30am). Felt kinda guilty for arriving too early.

Sunrise..

After that, we left for Hangzhou. I was trying to catch a cold breeze but to no avail. The weather is as humid as back home.

Hangzhou

Our first stop was at West Lake. Because it was so humid (and hot) I didn't enjoy much of it. Thank goodness I brought along my hand fan, otherwise I'll be drenched in my sweat.
Of course I managed to take some good pictures.


Nice garden

Black colour corn (RMB 5)

West Lake

In the evening, we were brought to Mei Jia Wu, tea garden owned by the Mei's family. It is Hangzhou's most renown tea plantation which they are famous with the Long Jing Cha (Dragon Well tea).


With Lu Yu's statue - who discovered the Long Jing tea



2 Yawns:

Stephanie Wong said...

hey i went to the exact same places as you last year! :)

tranquility said...

i think all tour groups offered similar itinerary. But I want to visit West Lake again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts

Say "NO" to coal fire power plant in Sabah

Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition »